University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
The Admission Counselor position is an entry-level professional position in the
Undergraduate Admission Office reporting to the Associate Director of Admission. The
Counselor has primary responsibility for outreach, recruitment, admission and enrollment
of first-year and transfer students, including the evaluation of admission applications,
making admission decisions, and managing programs that contribute to the University’s
enrollment and academic goals.
Full Job Description:
• Represent the University in a variety of settings such as college fairs, high school presentations, community college programs, on-campus events and other programming.
• Select, schedule, and coordinate high school and college fair visits to recruit students to USF.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with appropriate counselor, administrative, and teacher contacts at high schools.
• Counsel prospective students and families about admission, financial aid, academic programs and student life at USF.
• Reviews admission files, determines eligibility, decides which applicants are qualified for admission to USF and makes admission decisions.
• Assesses and analyzes results of recruitment and program management efforts and then develops and implements appropriate changes based on the analysis.
• Utilizes data service and market analysis tools to plan recruitment and yield strategy.
• Contributes to the yearly planning and evaluation of recruitment and admission programs.
• Assists in management of visit and other special event programs for prospective and admitted students, particularly programming for multicultural students, that effectively increase matriculation and ensure safe and informative experiences for students and their families.
• Assist with special programs such as application workshops, community outreach efforts, and group visits to campus.
• Work with the families of prospective students to complete appropriate financial aid forms in a timely manner.
• Assist colleagues in the Office of Undergraduate Admission with projects, programs, events, daily tour/overview sessions and multicultural recruitment and retention events.
• Ability to successfully plan, prioritize, and multitask and to work with minimal supervision and to follow through and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, diverse, and team-oriented environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships with many different constituencies such as students, families and faculty and staff colleagues.
• Demonstrated excellence in both written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and accomplish simultaneous tasks.
• Ability to establish and communicate with appropriate contacts in a timely way to ensure smooth running of special events and projects.
• Must have a valid US Driver’s License.
• Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends.
• Ability to lift packages of 35-40 lbs.
• Strong customer service orientation
• Familiarity with Admission Office functions and Jesuit educational tradition desirable.
• Knowledge of and skills in the use of technological tools and systems used to support and deliver admission programs and services to prospective and current students including creating and using such tools as databases, report generators, Excel, Powerpoint, and Keynote.
• Commitment to Affirmative Action goals.
• Understanding of and commitment to USF’s Vision, Mission and Values in creating a learning environment that nurtures a faith that does justice.
• Spanish, Mandarin or Tagalog speaker a plus.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2384543.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.