Assistant Triathlon Coach
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Assistant Triathlon Coach
This position reports to the Head Triathlon Coach. The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in the effective management and administration of all aspects relating to a positive intercollegiate triathlon program for student athletes.
Full Job Description:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists head coach in organizing, preparing and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
• Assists in the identification and recruitment of potential student-athletes for the Triathlon program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
• Assists with workouts that involve specific detailed set up and design of swim, bike, run, transitions which include but are not limited to the following:
• Open water swims with the ability to monitor and coach safety in and out of the water.
• Specific skills for bike and swim/bike and bike/run workouts in designated areas.
• Travel to and from workouts.
• Teach sportsmanship and set an example of good moral and physical behavior.
• Know and follow the policies of USA Triathlon.
• Attend all meetings, practices, competition and other activities as assigned.
• Provide assistance in the coordination and administration of the overall program, which may include but is not limited to:
• Assist in monitoring academic performance and overall well-being of student-athletes.
• Prepare and manage competitions and team functions as assigned.
• Manage and update general NCAA compliance forms.
• Team travel arrangements.
• Assist with official and unofficial visits as directed.
• Assist the Head Coach in performing assigned responsibilities and other such duties that may be required by the Director of Athletics, including fundraising.
• Attend coaches meetings and clinics for professional growth.
• Successfully complete the required NCAA recruiting examination annually.
• Other related duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and/or ABILITY REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
• Experience coaching triathlon, swimming, running and/or cycling at the collegiate level is preferred
• Must have knowledge of USA Triathlon rules and regulations, demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision, the ability to effectively coordinate group activities, and the ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Foster a cooperative work environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Must be willing to learn the NCAA rules and regulations and take the necessary NCAA exam to help with recruiting.
• Must have current CPR/AED
• Knowledge of the San Francisco bay area and training preferred
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have the ability to safely transport students in a 12-passenger van.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2461390.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.