Director of Outreach and Recruitment
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Director of Outreach and Recruitment
The Director of Outreach and Recruitment for the School of Nursing and Health Professions (SONHP) has the primary role of identifying, establishing, and implementing marketing plans and recruitment strategies to drive and achieve graduate enrollment goals. The Director will identify key stakeholder organizations and students and conduct outreach to attract, recruit, and enroll students to meet institutional graduate program enrollment targets. The Director will also oversee and perform quality control and continuous quality improvement of advising of prospective graduate students. The Director will set goals and supervise a recruiting staff of 1.5 staff members. The Director will report to the Senior Associate Dean.
This position works with the associate deans, faculty program directors, and staff leaders to identify, recruit, and admit high quality prospective students to SONHP. Responsibilities include developing and conducting innovative, effective recruitment events; finding and cultivating qualified prospective students; and developing a comprehensive marketing plan to attract top students to both apply and enroll in SONHP programs. The Director shall be well-versed in Slate as an enterprise system, manage its data integrity, and analyze data for informed decision making. Further, the Director shall oversee the development and maintenance of effective communications and publications through hard-copy collateral, website, emails, and social media.
The Director will be a motivating presence with an open communication style, expertise in problem solving, and demonstrated persistence in accomplishing goals. The preferred candidate will have excellent leadership/management experience, a strong understanding of graduate admissions standards and processes, and highly developed analytical skills. In addition, they must exhibit superior interpersonal skills and professionalism throughout daily interactions and communications with students, including interviews, phone calls, emails, and information sessions.
The Director must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators, and staff and serve as a liaison with prospective students. This position requires a flexible work schedule that will accommodate a great deal of recruitment travel. Evening and weekend work may be required.
Full Job Description:
Job Responsibilities Marketing Leadership (45%)
• Work in partnership with the Senior Associate Dean, Associate Deans, Program Directors and other Key Stakeholders to develop an annual, data driven, strategic marketing plan to support the recruitment and enrollment of students to the SONHP graduate programs. Create a strategy for recruitment of the best and most appropriate students from diverse backgrounds and settings. Draw from best practices and emerging strategies in admissions and recruitment from higher education as well as develop or apply innovations in this area that can be drawn from other fields or disciplines. Develop relationships with all lead sources to ensure maximum exposure for the School. Foster cross collaboration and relationship development across campus. Maintain current knowledge of admissions and recruitment trends by participating in national professional events and organizations.
• Work with Program Directors to develop program-specific recruitment strategies and prepare program-specific budgets and plans.
• Provide visionary and operational leadership in communication strategy for recruitment and enrollment through initiatives that are contemporary, on brand message, relevant, and serve to provide greater visibility of USF to prospective students,
• Create an annual marketing communications plan and marketing calendar and execute a comprehensive array of enrollment marketing tactics to meet the school’s strategic enrollment goals.
• Create impactful communications and implement the means to determine the effectiveness of different recruitment messages and means of communication. Develop key performance indicators and evaluate response rates and overall success of enrollment communications initiatives.
• Collaborate with the Office of Communications staff in developing marketing and brand strategies.
• Manage production of fully-integrated marketing campaigns including digital, TV, radio, and print advertisements, brochures, web content, success stories, articles, and press releases.
• Ensure recruitment and marketing efforts are aligned with institutional goals and are effectively communicated internally.
• Keep office current of market trends and competition through bench-marking, research, surveys, and overall market
• Track metrics, analyze trends, and evaluate progress of student applications and conversion rates; develop data-driven enrollment forecasts and projections; and generate action plans as needed to ensure enrollment goals are met. Make informed decisions to position the School in relation to its competitors.
• Develop and implement a recruiting and marketing strategy which is designed to attract top students and ensure each incoming class meets the size, quality, diversity, and financial goals set forth by the Dean. Manage short and long term plans for recruitment.
• Oversee management of the recruitment database and associated processes, such as tracking marketing and event data and managing content websites that serve the prospective student population.
• Work in collaboration with an ITS Web Content Coordinator to develop original content for website and ensure consistent branding across emails, conference materials, presentations, and websites.
• Support Operations and Graduate Admissions in their coordination of the annual admissions calendar and the review of application, scholarship, and fellowship opportunities.
• Develop strategies to plan and determine the effectiveness of recruitment and yield activities.
• Explore, develop, research, evaluate, and prioritize recruitment channels to develop student recruitment leads and build an annual calendar.
• Produce content for outreach and recruitment content that is in line with the School’s overall social media strategy,
• Create and develop the marketing strategy and related activities for new programs. Develop recruitment and outreach strategies for such programs.
Operations Management (35%)
• Establish and execute a supportive operational plan to ensure effective execution of the enrollment plan.
• In collaboration with the Director of Graduate Admissions Operations, develop and optimize utilization of the Slate CRM including data collection, management and reporting, outreach, application management, and enrollment.
• In collaboration with the Director of Graduate Admissions Operations, provide accurate and comprehensive reports to the School’s leadership team regarding progress toward goals, as well as results.
• Organize and participate in programs that involve prospective students, often serving as the first point of contact for students and their families.
Resource Development and Management (20%)
• Train, manage, and lead an outreach and recruitment team of 1.5 full time employees and some student workers.
• Provide personnel management, supervision, direction, and guidance to staff, including performance appraisal, coaching, and professional development.
• Develop and maintain responsibility for the marketing and recruitment budget and work closely with the Senior Associate Dean.
• Lead and cultivate a culture of service, enthusiasm, and commitment to applicants, students, and the School as a whole.
• Participate and serve on various college committees and task forces
• Master’s Degree preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum five years of experience in University graduate or undergraduate recruitment or admissions environment
• Valid driver’s license
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.