University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Reporting directly to the Communications Supervisor, dispatchers are responsible for maintaining effective and efficient communications between campus law enforcement headquarters, campus patrol officers in the field, outside emergency and law enforcement agencies and the public by receiving, recording, and dispatching general and emergency information quickly, clearly, and adequately. They are required to work independently, react quickly, and demonstrate good judgment and discretion in stressful situations. The Communications Center operates 24 hours a day and dispatchers may be required to work various shifts, any day of the week including holidays.
Full Job Description:
• Operates various communications equipment including: Two-way radio system, emergency and non-emergency phones, Closed Circuit Television monitoring equipment, Alarm Monitoring equipment, 11 Activity Event Monitoring equipment, and the records management system ARMS/CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch).
• Utilizes Department Radio Codes and applicable law enforcement systems and databases.
• Answering and screening incoming calls, conversing with victims, witnesses, and citizens and elicit and record pertinent information.
• Dispatches officers via the two-way radio.
• Inputs and retrieves Public Safety reports, activity logs, and criminal information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
• Prior dispatching experience preferred.
• Excellent Public Relations skills.
• Complete P.O.S.T. Dispatcher course within one year of appointment.
• Perform work in an efficient, organized and timely manner.
• Respond calmly to emergency and crisis situations.
• Handle and process confidential materials.
• Must be able to multitask and pay attention to details.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Use codes (phonetic alphabet, department radio codes, and California Penal codes).
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2161385.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.