Head Volleyball Coach
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Head Volleyball Coach
The head volleyball coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for managing and coaching the volleyball program. The individual will additionally oversee the beach volleyball program.
Full Job Description:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee and manage all aspects of the volleyball and beach volleyball programs including but not limited to competition, practice, compliance, budget, academics, student conduct and development. Responsible for conducting all practices and competitions necessary to accomplish the objectives of the volleyball and beach volleyball programs within the guidelines of the University, WCC, and NCAA rules. Responsible for recruiting highly skilled student-athletes for the volleyball and beach volleyball teams. Responsible for adhering to and orienting student-athletes to the policies and regulations of the University, Department of Athletics, WCC and NCAA. Oversee conduct and discipline of student-athletes on the volleyball and beach volleyball teams. Work with the admissions office and the office of compliance and student services with the enrollment of student-athletes. In consultation with the Director of Athletics and the Development staff of the University, assist in raising private funds for the volleyball and beach volleyball programs. Counsel student-athletes in sport participation and personal development. Coordinate and perform budget and expense related activities for the volleyball and beach volleyball programs, including but not limited to, team travel, meals, per diem, equipment, facilities, and recruiting. Manage volleyball and beach volleyball staff including coaches and other administrative positions. Performs other job related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to successfully recruit highly skilled student-athletes for the volleyball and beach volleyball programs.
• Ability to effectively teach fundamentals of volleyball and beach volleyball during practice and game situations.
• Ability to comply with all policies and regulations of the University, WCC and NCAA.
• Ability to work well with others and relate to student-athletes.
• Ability to effectively manage and motivate coaching and administrative staff.
• Ability to effectively counsel student-athletes on requirements for personal conduct, academic performance and athletic performance.
• Ability to organize and manage all elements of budget management, including but not limited to, expense processing, facilities improvement, fundraising, financial aid management.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the University community.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports as required by the Athletics Department and the university.
Bachelor required, Master’s preferred. At least 5 year experience coaching volleyball in college or beyond. Competitive collegiate division I volleyball experience desirable. Strong organizational, oral, written and computer communication skills are needed. Knowledge of NCAA bylaws.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233369.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.