Library Assistant IV Access Services Evening/Weekend Assistant (0.53 FTE)
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Library Assistant IV – Access Services Evening/Weekend Assistant (0.53 FTE)
The Access Services Evening/Weekend Assistant provides public service, technical processing for circulation functions, such as borrowing and lending activities, administrative reporting, and other LA IV duties that require an understanding of the library, its collection, classification scheme, catalog, and computer systems.
Works independently in their area of responsibility with minimal supervision, exercises discretion in applying rules, regulations and procedures. This includes general Access Services policies and operational procedures. Reports to the Head of Access Services.
Full Job Description:
Access Services Job Responsibilities:
• Acts as the primary library staff member evenings and weekends. Position will include shifts until approximately midnight- during Spring and Fall semesters.
• Performs general Access Services (Circulation/Reserves) tasks, i.e., charging and discharging material, processing access/borrowing applications, collecting and recording fines, answering inquiries (online and in person), interpreting and applying library policies, etc.
• Provides a high level of service to members of the University of San Francisco community and campus guests.
• Supervises Access Services student assistants, assigning and supervising student work relevant to maintaining good stacks condition, efficient circulation procedures, library security, etc.
• Opens and closes the library at appointed hours.
• Performs duties appropriate to the LA IV classification including mending/bindery preparation, processing materials for Course Reserves, processing holds, recalls, and other departmental notices, etc.
• Provides Interlibrary lending, document delivery and Link+ processing/support.
• Creates and maintains departmental documentation of workflows, procedures, and policies.
• Participates in cross training to ensure all departmental responsibilities are performed in case of temporary absence of personnel.
• Participates in staff development activities and stays current with Access Services/circulation best practices.
• Serves on Library and USF committees, as requested.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Working hours: 20 hours/week
• Required hours: Sunday: 12 Noon – 8PM; Monday: 3PM – 11PM; Tuesday: 6PM – 11PM
• Library and shift hours are subject to change
Equivalent of 3 years performing work relevant to the position in a college or university library preferred, including knowledge of basic Access Services functions in an automated ILS environment (e.g., Innovative Interfaces Sierra). Four years of higher education (120 units) or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel or Google Docs. Must possess excellent organizational skills including ability to maintain records with great attention to detail. Should be self-motivated, flexible and capable of working independently with a minimum of supervision. Should have the ability to analyze, evaluate, assess and solve problems and improve services, policies and procedures.
Experience building and maintaining staff and library resource schedules. Experience using scheduling software, e.g., Google Calendar and/or other online calendar systems. Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Self-motivated with initiative and flexibility in order to respond to changing needs and priorities. Team player that works harmoniously with colleagues. Capable of working with minimum supervision; able to make decisions independently, within the framework of departmental and library policies and goals.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2437165.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.