Program Assistant IV MA in International Studies and MA in Migration Studies
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Assistant IV -MA in International Studies and MA in Migration Studies
Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean and under the direction of the Department Chair, Program Director and Program Manager, the Program Assistant IV will provide full-time secretarial support services to the graduate programs in International Studies and Migration Studies. Performs various secretarial and administrative support duties for full- and part-time faculty.
Full Job Description:
• Exercises independent judgment and decision-making abilities, organizes work and sets priorities, and manages the program office under the general guidance of the Department Chair/Program Director/Program Manager.
• Helps create a warm, welcoming environment and assists faculty, students, staff and other visitors to the office.
• Acts as a resource person/liaison between and among faculty, students, and the University community, as well as members of the public.
• Receives and screens a variety of calls.
• Takes information, answers inquiries, provides information using knowledge of University, College and Department/Program academic policies and procedures.
• Creates and develops new office work procedures to increase efficiency, maintenance of confidentiality, or work flow using knowledge of operations and creative problem solving techniques; designs new forms, as appropriate, to implement changes.
• Handles confidential, sensitive materials relating to faculty, students and other issues.
• Provides administrative support for professional and scholarly activities of the faculty.
• Assists with planning and coordinating events and meetings for the Department/Programs.
• Processes invoices and purchases supplies and other support for the Department/Programs.
• Hires, trains and supervises student assistant(s).
• Creates or inputs, revises, stores, retrieves, edits and prints a variety of (sometimes confidential) documents, reports, or records. Prepares and does minor editing of manuscripts, reports, grant proposals, catalog copy, meeting minutes, class schedules, tests, and course syllabi and manuals, as well as routine program correspondence.
• Sets up, maintains and revises record-keeping procedures and files as appropriate for the Department/Programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Post high school education preferred.
• Four years of increasingly responsible experience in administrative support work or related education, including at least two years in a senior administrative support role.
• Must possess proven ability to provide high-quality, administrative support to a busy office.
• Must be able to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team.
• Possesses an ability to handle diverse situations and meet demanding deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Knowledge of standard office procedures and functions.
• Must be able to interact with faculty, students, staff, academic community and the public with tact, discretion, and courtesy; contribute to a professional environment.
• Experience in student services/student advising preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with accuracy.
• Ability to word process with speed and accuracy.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, Zoom, Workday, Slate, Adobe Creative Cloud, and/or in apps within Google Drive preferred.
• Must be flexible and readily adaptable to change, have excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritize tasks.
• Must have or quickly develop an understanding of academic policy and administrative operations.
• Previous experience in an educational, multicultural setting is preferred.
• Must have, or quickly develop, understanding of academic policy and administrative operations as well as credible stature with members of the academic community and public.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2392342.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.