PA V Career Services Center
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
PA V Career Services Center
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of the Priscilla A. Scotlan Career Services Center (CSC), the Program Assistant V serves as part of the team to fulfill CSC’s mission to assist students and alumni in matters related to developing, evaluating and effectively implementing their career plans. The Program Assistant V provides a range of administrative support to approximately seven professional staff, performs associated specialist duties, and serves as a member of the Student Life Student Services Team. The Program Assistant V supports the department’s mission by independently determining customer needs and responding to those requests. The Program Assistant V deals with a diverse group of external callers, visitors and internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload and to recommend changes in business practices and procedures. The Program Assistant V identifies and resolves various problems and situations that affect the efficient flow of work between departments or outside agencies. Resolves problems independently. Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. The Program Assistant V works under minimal supervision. The Program Assistant V and supervisor jointly determine the position or department objectives and project deadlines.
As a member of the larger staff in Student Life, the Program Assistant V collaborates and cooperates across divisions and departments to create a supportive University community which encourages student learning and development in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. The mission of Student Life is to fully support holistic student development within a social justice framework centered in preparing students to be caring, socially responsible citizens in our global and local community.
Full Job Description:
Employer Relations Functions
• Assist the Assistant Director of Employer Relationships with on-campus recruiting activities program including coordination of the recruiting student assistants, greeting and debriefing employer contacts, being a key administrator and resource for online career services management software system (Handshake), help facilitate scheduling of recruiting activities, database management, coordinating large signature events/fairs, and daily problem solving.
• Nurture recruiter relationships. Personally greets employers at the beginning of their recruiting activity and work to resolve any problems or challenges that may arise during the day. Debrief with the recruiters during on-campus interviews.
• Maintain/track job offers and hiring data for on-campus recruiting program. Solicit feedback from employers to obtain job offer/hiring data resulting from recruiting efforts. Uses MS Excel, Google spreadsheets and Handshake to create statistical reports.
• Manage campus wide First Destination Survey utilizing Handshake and present results to leadership team/staff, and serve on Employment Data Committee.
• Coordinate and manage recruiting programs including job/internship postings, on-campus interviews, information sessions/tables, mock interviews, resume review days, resume collect, and resume books.
• Create student and employer surveys/evaluations for recruiting events and workshops using Handshake.
• Provide information to students, alumni, and employers regarding recruiting programs.
• Oversee the review, categorization, posting, and counting of monthly incoming job listings and internships.
• Hire, train, schedule, and supervise student assistants assigned to the department in support of CSC staff.
• Coordinate and provide logistical support for signature fairs/events, programs workshops, and projects.
• Oversees creation of emails, posters and marketing materials, in conjunction with graphics student assistant, to promote events and is responsible for the distribution of these materials.
• Assist with compiling reports and conducting analysis and evaluation of programs and outcomes.
• Receive and screen a variety of calls and supporting receptionist duties as needed.
• Maintain staff’s calendars as requested, scheduling appointments and meetings.
• Maintain liaison with University departments and off-campus vendors.
• Maintain departmental finances, including independent budget tracking of expenditures.
• Book and maintain room and space schedule for recruiting activities, CSC staff appointments, and meetings.
• Update and maintain the CSC web site on MyUSF periodically as required.
• Update and maintain CSC’s events and activities on the various USF calendars.
• Organize and maintain office files, records and supplies.
• Process personnel and payroll forms for Career Services student staff members.
• Prepare confidential as well as routine correspondence and reports for the professional staff.
• Compile data from a variety of sources and organize information into a usable format.
Post high school education preferred. Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision. Previous supervisory experience. Ability to independently analyze, recommend and implement new/changes to procedures. Advanced experience working with computer database systems, word processing and spreadsheet software. Must be customer service and team oriented. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2225852.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.