University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
The Swim Coach/ Instructor is responsible for the training and development of the
aquatics program at the University of San Francisco (USF). The goal of the program
is to increase knowledge and swim skills.
Full Job Description:
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Delivery of a swimming specific training program.
2. Development of a specific plan, to include all practice sessions and matches.
3. Responsible for the management of the team at all club functions.
4. Responsible for team selection for all matches and tournaments.
5. Be a liaison between team participants and the Aquatics Director.
6. Must be able to interpret and apply rules and regulations of the sport specific
7. Must comply with industry standards for safety and participation.
8. Certifications in CPR, First Aid & AED.
9. Must be able to recognize & respond effectively in emergencies in accordance with
facility emergency action plans.
10. Create a productive learning environment to ensure growth of the individual as well
as the University.
Job Activities to Include:
1. To adapt teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants so
they can meet course objectives.
2. To enforce all aquatic facility rules, policies & regulations.
3. To be familiar with our ‘learn to swim’ program & water safety.
4. To assist with collation of information and entries as necessary ensuring that all
records are kept on database and information is disseminated as directed.
5. To communicate regularly with participants and their parents, as appropriate, to
ensure they are aware of progress of students.
6. To assist in ensuring that all waivers, memberships and insurance forms are kept up
to date and maintained with the RSD.
7. To adhere to all of the procedures and quality standards for delivery, management
and administration of USF Sport Clubs.
8. To undertake all such other duties as the management of the RSD shall direct.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director and approved by the Senior
Director of the RSD.
Hours may vary due to lessons scheduled, client availability, swim meets, travel or extra
You will report directly the Aquatics Director within the RSD.
Significant Decision Making/Influence
Planning and organizing all functions of the teams & lessons as needed for training
A minimum of two weeks of sport specific conditioning.
Practiced a minimum of two days during the week in which the swim meet is set.
The individual’s skill level meets and/or exceeds match participation.
There is a need to adhere to:
1. General Health and Safety as it pertains to the specific sport.
2. The post holder will be able to refer matters to the Aquatics Director on a daily basis
as necessary, for advice, guidance and consultation.
3. Attendance at all practice sessions, assigned shifts, and meets are required.
There is a need to adhere to:
1. General health and safety as it pertains to swimming.
2. Data protection.
3. Player protection.
4. Injury reports and prevention.
Records and Reports
Monthly reports and record keeping are expected. The post holder will compile and record
information, results, entries etc. All records and files need to be kept and communicated
with the Aquatics Director.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2458297.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.