Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum’s financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum’s three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum also has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, – and over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
In anticipation of recent federal vaccination and testing mandates, Unum recently announced the launch of the Unum Vaccine Verifier. Aligned with this initiative we are offering a fall and winter paid internship at $18 an hour. This internship offers flexible schedules and can be done fully remote or on location in Chattanooga, TN or Portland, ME. This internship will begin on November 1 and run through February 4, 2021.
Individuals in this position will be assisting with the Covid19 vaccine exemption requests by following a designated workflow to process new accommodation requests, handle vaccine exemption related requests, follow-ups and generate appropriate communications.
- Complete processing of new accommodation requests and complete all daily follow-ups assigned
- Complete follow-ups (phone calls and / or correspondence) on ongoing files as assigned
- Handle vaccine exemption related requests following designated workflow
- Select and generate appropriate communications
- Communicate medical or absence information with other internal units (STD, Intake)
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Understanding and proficient use of system applications, including digital tools for tracking, documenting and record keeping
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.