2 vacancies in the following locations:
- Irvine, CA
- Queens, NY
This Direct-Hire position is in United States (U.S). Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Office of Regulatory Science (ORS). ORA’s mission is to protect consumers and enhance public health by maximizing compliance of FDA regulated products and minimizing risk associated with those products. ORA is responsible for inspecting products and manufacturers, conducting sample analyses of regulated products, and reviewing imported products offered for entry.
- Writes reports stating the results and conclusions documenting the nature of any regulatory violation.
- Skill in oral and written communication to prepare and present analyses; provide guidance; solicit information; draft position papers; defend proposals; and prepare materials to support work.
- Analyzes difficult, novel and complex samples.
- Reviews background materials, agency reports and pertinent regulations.
- Responsible for assuring that the analysis and methods development work maintains the environmental integrity of the work site and products analyzed.
- As assigned, accompanies agency personnel on inspections and acts as a technical advisor.
- Holds responsibility for quality control and quality assurance data.
- Has knowledge of chemistry theories, practices, and established methodology sufficient to analyze complex and unprecedented samples and as needed to develop and modify analytical methods.
Apply on USAJOBS!
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.