Carpentry Contractors Company, a division of US LBM is seeking a Field Safety Trainer for our Montrose, Minnesota location.
We are hiring motivated individuals to help identify onsite safety training and development needs while ensuring safety compliance and promoting CCC’s Built On Safety culture. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now.
What you should know about working at CCC:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on, and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere; this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Field Safety Trainer:
- Conduct field walk throughs and training with new hires with a special focus on safety, core competencies, and efficiencies. Work with lead carpenters and foremen on safety, best practices, and innovative ideas. (Job site travel required)
- Provide field crews with replacement tools and safety equipment as needed to complete tasks.
- Update training materials to ensure current policy, procedure, codes, industry specification, etc. are incorporated into training materials.
- Alternate in New Hire Orientation training for class room and auxiliary trainer on the CCC 3 day Confidence Course training.
- Conduct monthly forklift/fall protection training and maintain field recertifications.
- Monitor, evaluate, and communicate training participants and attendance to manager.
- Assist managers and crews with daily safety items, implementing new processes and equipment, accident investigation, OSHA site visits, and conduct site visits with a focus on behaviors.
- Maintain a current procedure manual of all assigned duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
Field Safety Trainer Requirements:
- Experience. High school diploma/GED required. Associates degree in related field preferred. ASP or CHST certification preferred. 2 years safety related experience required.
- Physical. Extended time periods of standing, walking, or sitting with occasional bending or stooping throughout work shift.
- Lifting. Ability to lift up to 25lbs consistently and 50lbs occasionally.
- Willingness. Must have the drive to learn
- Teamwork. Team focused approach to work
- Excellence. Excellent work ethic and attendance
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days)
- The Good. 401(k) with company match
- The Best. Vacation accrual starting after 6 months with 2 weeks after 1 year and 9 paid holidays. We also offer personal and sick days.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With CCC!
Carpentry Contractors Company, a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.