USA Sealing is a global manufacturer of industrial products and a strategic consultant to our customers on e-commerce and digital marketing strategies. We have leveraged our diversified product mix and high-quality services into relationships with many of the world’s largest industrial distributors including Grainger, Fastenal, and McMaster-Carr and e-commerce platforms such as Amazon and Walmart. We also have direct relationships with major original equipment manufacturers including Apple, Coca-Cola, and GE.
Our products are used across a broad range of applications. Some of our biggest end users are in industries including food processing, medical, automotive and aerospace, and equipment construction. Our diversified offering of product is broken into three overarching categories:
1) Sealing & Gasketing
2) Hose, Tube, Pipe & Fittings
3) Raw Materials
Business Development’s priority is to assist the company with acquiring new customers and sell additional products or services to existing ones. In addition, build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Primary duties include identifying business opportunities, building and maintaining successful relationships with prospects and existing clients, collaborating with executives on business strategy to determine objectives, and evaluating current business performance and maximizing business reach and potential.
Business Development Responsibilities:
Business Development has three primary responsibilities:
1. Identifying new sales leads
2. Pitching products and/or services
3. Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
Business Development Job Duties:
When it comes to generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include:
· Researching prospects online to identify new leads to pinpoint lucrative gaps in their product offering
· Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
· Contacting potential prospects via email or phone to establish a rapport and setup meetings
· Attending meetings, conferences, and industry events
Other duties and responsibilities include:
· Preparing powerful visual presentations
· Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
· Developing quotes and proposals
· Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
· Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
There are several projects that we are excited to tackle in the coming months. Potential projects include but are not limited to:
· Create a comprehensive report summarizing USA Sealing’s competitors in each major product category, outlining their strengths, weaknesses, and advantages.
· Consult website teams at our distribution partners to ensure that our products are displayed in an organized manner that makes it easy for customers to find what they need. Make recommendations on product taxonomy, filter attributes, and search terms.
· Aggregate market reports outlining product recommendations for key distribution partners and prospects. The goal of these reports is to recommend lucrative product gaps in their offering.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong communication skills
· Good with numbers
· The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
· Attention to detail
· Excellent time management and organization