The Vail Resorts Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value. We are creating a new fully centralized Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado, to support a growing company of 37 resorts across Australia, Canada and the United States, 55,000+ employees, and a market capitalization of over $10 billion. We are transforming our FP&A organization to bring best-in-class insight generation, data-driven decision-making support and financial management to Vail Resorts – the ski industry’s global leader.
Our team will be driven by top-tier talent, state-of-the-art systems and tools, and strategic process management to identify and deliver against the Company’s biggest value opportunities. We are creating a sustainable high-performing team that will develop talent and prioritize career growth through accelerated opportunities and progression. This is an opportunity to join the FP&A team at a critical inflection point and shape how we do business into the future.
The Senior Manager for Divisional FP&A will partner with our senior operational leaders in our Mountain, Lodging, Retail and SG&A divisions to drive planning, forecasting and financial management, aligning our key resources with the achievement of our strategic goals – both long and short-term. This leader will build critical relationships with senior leaders and will evaluate key trends across resorts and lines of business to influence our highest priority business decisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain active partnerships with operational leadership.
- Develop finance & business presentations, and effectively summarize results, key risks/opportunities and decision points.
- Produce key FP&A deliverables for operating budget, capital budget, monthly forecasting, cost control, and P&L reviews.
- Execute value-add analysis and decision support for projects and initiatives.
- Produce (daily/weekly/monthly) business analyses to evaluate performance, aid in decision making, and provide insight into the business.
- Provide support and training for operational business leaders to build business acumen and accountability.
- Coordinate with Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate monthly close.
- Drive process improvements aimed at creating scalability and efficiencies across FP&A.
- Approach and behavior—cultural characteristics:
- Strong curiosity in tackling complex business problems; dives deeply into the data, relentlessly pursues what it means, and how these insights drive decision making.
- Comfortable operating in financial systems and spreadsheets, and equally comfortable leveraging his/her capabilities to work independently.
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where s/he must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelor’s degree required in Finance and/or Economics; MBA, graduate finance degree and/or CFA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience or 5+ years with MBA.
- Experience coordinating all financial planning and analysis functions including annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning and resource allocation processes. Service industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude and success in financial modeling, insight generation/analysis and executive communications.
- Experience executing core FP&A processes, including annual budgeting, long-term strategic planning, and enterprise communications.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and recommendations, and communicate effectively in presentations by developing the “story.”
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong initiative and ability to multi-task
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the “big picture”
- Preferred skills:
- High intellect and ambition.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Excellent listener, open to feedback, and communicates with candor and respect.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Connects well with others and highly collaborative team approach to work.
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented drive.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a high degree of diplomacy and composure
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint and industry standard financial systems (i.e., reporting and planning tools like PeopleSoft, Host Analytics, Tableau, etc.).
The budgeted range starts at $90,000-$113,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance