Join our Team!
Valencia College is seeking a Part-Time Faculty, Dental Hygiene to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team.
In this role, this faculty member will be responsible for teaching clinical courses specifically assigned to the A.S. degree. Consequently, preferred candidates will have extensive industry experience and college-level teaching experience.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you’ll find fulfillment.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- An Associate’s degree or higher from a Dental Hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation or related field [required] Bachelor’s degree is preferred although in progress Bachelor’s degree is acceptable.
- An active and unencumbered State of Florida Registered Dental Hygiene license [required]
- Two years of full-time, direct dental hygiene practice or equivalent part-time [preferred]
- Experience teaching at the community college level as well as knowledge and understanding of learning-centered values. [preferred]
- Demonstrated ability to design learning opportunities that promote student life skills development while enhancing discipline learning with a demonstrated understanding of developmental advising and competency-based learning. [preferred]
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Salary: Part-time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Faculty Salary Schedule. Compensation for part-time faculty is determined according to the highest earned degree and scheduled credit hours or equivalent. The part-time faculty Dental Hygiene compensation can be found on the Specialized Services Rate Schedule (page 12.)
Location: FL Based – Orlando, FL 32811 – West Campus
* This position is not classified as online, remote or virtual
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please attach to the application the following documents; this also applies to current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed online employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position
- Learning Centered Statement
- Unofficial transcripts – please upload your unofficial transcripts when submitting your application. Official transcripts may be requested during the selection process.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference, if available.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.