Join our Team!
Valencia College is seeking a Part-Time Faculty, Emergency Medical Services to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team. This faculty member will primarily be responsible for teaching in discipline or discipline areas such as in the lecture, lab, or clinical environment. Plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with Valencia’s learning-centered values and in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a Valencia educator.
As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 75,000 students each year. But it’s not our size that makes us great. We strive to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
Valencia’s students reflect the diversity of our service district, and the college is searching for faculty members who are deeply committed to valuing equity, treating cultural and linguistic diversity as assets, and promoting inclusiveness.
We’re not just any college. And you’re just not any employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community, and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges
in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
· An Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in a health related field. [required]
· Florida licensed Paramedic or licensed Registered Nurse in good standing with the department. [required]
· Minimum of 3 years of field provider experience with an ALS provider. [required]
· Must have successfully completed Level A coursework as identified in the National Guidelines for Educating EMS Instructors. [required] In addition, completed coursework level B is preferred.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Paid Time off
- FICA Alternative to Social Security
- Faculty/Instructional Development Opportunities
- Associate Faculty Certification Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more click here
Salary: Part-time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Faculty Salary Schedule. Compensation for part-time faculty is determined according to the highest earned degree and scheduled credit hours or equivalent. The Part-Time Faculty, EMS compensation can be found on the Specialized Services Rate Schedule (page 12.)
Work Hours: Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes.
Department: Emergency Medical Services WEC
Location: FL Based- Orlando, FL 32811 – West Campus
* This position is not classified as online, remote or virtual
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Open Until Filled
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed online employment application, Include all applicable experience related to the position
- Learning Centered Statement
- Unofficial transcripts – please upload your unofficial transcripts when submitting your application. (If the degree is in progress, it must be conferred by the time of hire). Official transcripts may be requested during the selection process. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference, if available.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.