VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 7 – August 13. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
The Active Product Management Team is responsible for product management functions including, active strategy/fund key messaging, positioning, product/market/competitor research, overall promotion and competitive pricing. The Team works closely with the firm’s Senior Management, Investment Teams and Sales Teams, among other groups, to identify constantly evolving investor needs, decision-making drivers, etc. in an effort to create compelling product marketing campaigns and new content that position VanEck’s active strategies and funds ahead of competition. Active Product Managers are product subject matter experts who understand intricacies of the firm’s suite of active products – they develop and maintain a deep understanding of covered asset classes and are trusted and reliable partners for other teams within the organization, as well as clients/prospects externally. The Team is also responsible for identifying new product ideas by actively assessing the covered asset class landscape, as well as keeping up-to-date with investor and competitor trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The active product management team is seeking a full-time intern to oversee the completion of various key special projects. Time and bandwidth permitting, this person may also be asked to assist in other associate-level product management related functions and initiatives. The ideal candidate is one with a highly analytical skill set and “roll-up-the-sleeves” work ethic—capable of managing a sizable workload under tight deadline while also willing to assist with tasks both big and small.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Synthesizing marketing content libraries and portfolio management-related data sets to streamline workflow and improve team collaboration
- Working with various Digital Marketing, Portfolio Administration and IT teams to advance content automation initiatives
Other responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with active portfolio management teams on messaging or content creation
- Participating in product development and sales training sessions
- Work closely with Product Managers to develop clear, concise and consistent graphic representation of analytical and technical data initiatives
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Genuine interest and/or background in Analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Progress towards degree completion in business, finance, economics is preferred
- Working knowledge of investment software and databases is preferred
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (third year) or beyond within a four-year college program
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line Product Management Intern to email@example.com