Ideal candidates for the program have achieved a strong academic record and display a competitive spirit; possess team leadership skills and a drive for success. In this unique entry-level program, candidates will receive the training and development necessary to have a long and successful career in the financial services industry, starting with VanEck.
Sales Training Program:
The VanEck Sales Training Program is designed to provide a recent graduate with the necessary sales training and experience to successfully represent VanEck on the Internal Sales Desk.
This program is broken into three phases:
Phase 1: Meeting the study & exam requirements for the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 & Series 63 Exams within 6 months
Phase 2: ETF and Mutual Fund Training
Phase 3: Sales and Phone Training
Upon completion of the program, candidates’ progress will be assessed to determine readiness to potentially assume an Internal Wholesaler position. Until the trainee is placed into this Internal Wholesaler Role they will be assigned to wholesaling teams to help drive sales by conducting pre and post meeting sales activity based on the distribution channel.
Internal Wholesaler Position:
The Internal Wholesaler, in conjunction with the Regional Vice President, is responsible for the sale of mutual fund products and ETFs through the Financial Advisor (FA) and Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) Channels. As previously mentioned, the training program is designed to develop the following skill set and future qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively sell VanEck mutual funds and VanEck Vectors ETFs to the FA/RIA channels
- Include/Refer VanEck specialists, as necessary
- Effectively manage a territory rotation
- Profiling contacts in order to uncover needs and recommend appropriate solutions across multiple product lines
- Broad Market Knowledge
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to prospect within a targeted group of advisors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiar with characteristics of the FA marketplace
- Mutual Fund and ETF Product Knowledge
- Ability to present and work with all levels of an organization
- Employ a consultative sales approach
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree with a business related concentration preferred
- Recent graduate (2020-2021)
- Internship in financial organization preferred
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.