Take a stand for investors
At Vanguard, we’re taking a stand for all investors. You can help us advance this mission by joining Vanguard as we strive to redefine the advice industry. Vanguard’s one-of-a-kind Advance to Financial Planning experience will immerse you in Portfolio Implementation where you will build your financial planning acumen, partner closely with advisors on managing client accounts, receive support and mentorship from advisors, and have the opportunity to obtain the licensing and credentials necessary for the financial advisor role. When you join Vanguard, you’ll help steer the financial futures of our clients. Make it count.
In this role you will
- Respond promptly and accurately to managed client requests made through email using Vanguard’s corporate standards for responding to client inquiries.
- Partner closely with financial advisors on the oversight of managed client portfolios.
- Assist prospects and current clients with onboarding into Personal Advisor Services.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Vanguard’s funds and services, as well as an understanding of current market factors and how they affect Vanguard’s funds and products.
- Represent the department on written correspondence initiatives and provide process improvement ideas to management based on observed trends.
Advance your skill set and your career
In this role, you will partner closely with Vanguard’s financial advisors to help them manage their clients’ portfolios as well as onboard new clients. Potential applicants will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong time management abilities, and the desire to interact with clients through multiple channels. We are committed to learning and development, and appropriate training and oversight will be provided.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Learning agility to successfully pass the SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 (or equivalent licenses) within the time frame described in Vanguard’s FINRA Licensing Policy by utilizing resources and support provided by Vanguard.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and internal processing systems.
- Exceptional problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrate exceptional time management skills.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role.
The start date for this program will be Summer 2021.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.