Advanced Development Team Lead
About the role:
Vecna Robotics is looking for a team lead for our advanced development team to manage R&D projects that span hardware, software, and varying degrees of project maturity and likelihood of productization. The ideal candidate will be excited about automation with a proven track record of excellence. They will be responsible for coordinating planning, market research, issue resolution, and problem solving in a fast-paced environment. This is a hands-on, technical role with direct involvement in the team’s development of autonomous solutions and management of clients. This position will be a highly visible role and will interact with all levels across the company. This is a full-time, salaried position.
In this role you will:
- Act as a thought partner to the Chief Architect and Project Leads.
- Mentor rockstar engineers and grow the team.
- Drive every project towards success by anticipating risks, planning projects, managing dependencies, creating meaningful milestones and ensuring they are met.
- Act as cross functional liaison to synthesize needs from across the organization, including but not limited to product management, marketing/sales, engineering, and program management.
- Maintain product and market knowledge to drill down into functional requirements and occasionally prioritize features on the fly.
- Interface with company leadership to guide prioritization discussions and bring analytically-driven insights on product/market fit.
- Structure and manage client and partner relationships to drive success on external projects from the sales cycle through execution.
- Improve processes that increase the velocity of the team while also ensuring a high quality of work.
What we are looking for:
- Strong generalist; comfortable across project management, product, business development, and engineering management, 2+ years’ experience in these fields.
- Scrappy, hands-on, and willing to dive into whatever will unblock the team and drive success.
- Strong ability to identify, escalate, and mitigate risks
- Experience structuring and negotiating abstract projects to be mutually beneficial and writing contracts accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate information to any level within and outside of the company.
- Track record of supervising engineers to foster their growth.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings and coordinating among high energy participants to direct toward productive results.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Experience with robotics, industrial automation, or warehousing a strong plus.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous materials handling robots and orchestration software for warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing. Our technology is designed to work seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible pallet moves in dynamic environments. As a growing market leader for collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and approach problem solving with a customer-centric point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, enthusiasm, and learning. We aim to work smarter, learn faster, live safer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.