Vecna Robotics seeks a Data Analytics intern to analyze automated mobile robot (AMR) performance and productivity trends across customers. Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Finance, this role will work cross functionally with the Strategic Finance, Business Development, and Customer Success teams. The analysis, reporting, and model-building work involved in this role will directly contribute to the success of our deployments of AMRs at customer sites and will help customers understand how to use their robots to their greatest potential.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver projects in a fast-paced environment and has
excellent communication and judgement skills.
This is a full-time, hourly internship based in our Waltham, MA office, with the potential for an ongoing position (part time during the semester leading to full time after graduation).
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert in the sources and structure of performance data behind Vecna Robotics’ AMRs and become a thought leader on how robots deliver value to customers
- Analyze performance trends to assist with technical solutions and innovation
- Evaluate datasets to assist in the design of internal and external solutions
- Help to define the performance targets for customers in order to reach agreed Return on Investment goals
- Build and maintain tools to analyze and report on the performance of robots in customer sites
- Carry out regular reporting of robot performance, including customizing reports for unique customer use cases
- Support the Deployment and Customer Success teams in understanding the root causes behind robot throughput and utilization and use data to propose improvements to reach targets
What we are looking for:
- Graduate student, Junior or a Senior studying business, business analytics, data science or related discipline
- Ability to find and communicate actionable insights from data
- Curiosity to dig into data as well as understand operational complexities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced SQL / AWS Athena skills
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization
- Solid foundation and comfort with statistical models
- Excellent organizational, communication, and prioritization skills
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.