Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Forecasting & Budgeting:
- Coordinate the annual operating plan (budget) and ensures the flow of information and maintence of the budget templates to deliver a budget within our Opeartions Finance Philosophy.
- Responsible for the updating of the forecast on a routine basis. Adjusting for changes in production / distribution volumes and working with their counterparts to forecast spending varianaces compared to the annual operating plan.
- Update and maintain our capital spending forecast.
Financial Analysis, Capital and Fuel for Growth:
- Review business changes and prepare the financial analysis associated with the changes and make recommendations based on cost, level of effort, and benefits.
- Update and maintain the cost savings actuals / estimates associated with our fuel for growth initiatives.
- Work with key business partners to prepare the capital models that are submitted through our RFE (request for expenditures) process. Ensuring all benefits are documented and verified.
- Perform Adhoc analysis as requested as well as benchmarking studies by platform / line.
- Support Sales and Operations partners with product cost analysis based on changes ot the business environment / volumes.
- Identify and implement process efficiencies to improve our reporting and business perfomrance.
- Partner with Information Systems to improve current financial systems
- Develop Financial Models that will streamline analysis and reporting
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting, financial analysis, modeling and reporting required
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint required
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills are required
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Experience with JDE, AS400, BI a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be detail oriented, organized and highly analytical
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to grasp new concepts and problem solve
- Understanding of manufacturing variances
#financialanalystjobs #relocation #accountingjob #financejob #financialreporting #entrylevelaccounting
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.