This position will lead the facility in the development and implementation of a long-term Ventura Foods strategic plan to involve every plant employee in the pursuit of a lean manufacturing environment that lowers production costs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, lead, execute, sustain, and standardize major process improvement projects.
- Mentor plant leadership on process improvement projects.
- Develop, coordinate and train employees in various Lean/Sigma manufacturing techniques as part of the overall continuous improvement program.
- Build a pipeline of projects for major process improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Five (5) years of Lean experience in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Past experience in leading Kaizen workshops in the areas of 5S, standard work, visual management, daily management, SMED and OEE gap closure.
- 6 Sigma certification preferred.
- Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Maintenance/manufacturing/engineering/QA/QS experience preferred.
- BS in Engineering, Business or related; Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to lead kaizen improvement events.
- Demonstrated ability to complete cost savings projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to implement cost savings programs across plant.
- Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning to identify opportunity areas.
- Creative in problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes and work with others to identify opportunities areas via data.
- Ability to teach/coach CI concepts throughout the plant.
#engineeringjobs #sixsigma #continuousimprovement #kaizen #industrialengineer
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.