About Venue Coalition
Venue Coalition is a booking representative and advocacy group for more than 100 Sports & Entertainment Arenas throughout North America. Venue Coalition provides its Venue Members with a variety of services including event booking, talent buying, and the collection and distribution of vital industry information.
The Booking Assistant will support the Venue Coalition booking team in the research, coordination and booking of events. The individual in this role shall also be responsible for answering phones, taking detailed notes, scheduling meetings, entering data into our booking management system, and coordinating industry events. Other responsibilities include providing detailed reports, building spreadsheets, creating talent offers, and distributing vital information to Venue Coalition members and the industry (agents, promoters, managers and producers).
- Assist booking team / department with the research and coordination of bookings
- Assist in collection of venue availability calendars, placement of holds, and coordination of routing for event opportunities
- Organize and enter data into our Booking Management Software
- Work with venue staff to collect, organize and distribute booking information
- Maintain spreadsheets, calendars, and information databases
- Build talent offers and budgets for events
- Prepare agendas for meetings and conference calls
- High-level administrative office support including screening of calls and coordinating travel and special functions
- Special projects as needed
- Previous experience either as an intern or employee in this field (required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including an exceptional telephone demeanor
- Excellent organizational skill and strong attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and ability to take initiative.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients
- Ability to multi-task while paying great attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently on projects and also as part of a larger team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- 4-year degree