What you’ll be doing…
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on, and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Global Technology Solutions Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As a Network Operations Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
– Build Tableau dashboards and ML models.
– Develop python scripts for a project to proactively identify customer issues.
– Use agile methodology and agile project management to develop scripts used for our automation efforts within the NRB.
– Support Verizons Fios Voice, Data and Video, automation that supports Network Element Alarms, initial triage, and enhanced automation opportunities including service impact notification, auto dispatching to a facility, and ultimately preparing for end-to-end Network Topology Triage.
– Work on various efforts to ensure the physical diversity of our E911 and SS7 networks, including auditing systems to confirm 100% compliance.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science and Mechanics, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Cyber Security, Data Science, Business Administration, Business Intelligence, Computer Information Systems related major with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2024.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Branchburg, NJ
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership, and presentation skills, problem solving, and trouble shooting
– Knowledge in statistical analysis and machine learning, engineering, front end development, python, java, tableau, agile methodology, agile project management, automation, data analytics, developing scripts, and wireless network.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.