We’re on the lookout for a smart, detail oriented, motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited by the opportunity to help build something incredible from the ground up! You will be the second full-time Finance hire in the company, reporting into our Controller and frequently working with the senior management team.
The ideal candidate will have strong accounting knowledge, a customer service focus, the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and a desire to work with a professional, results-driven team.
· Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration)
· 1-2 years of experience with accounting, financial analysis, budgeting/forecasting, and financial planning is required; 1 year of client-facing experience is preferred
· A strong understanding of accounting principles, like accrual vs. cash, financial statements, general ledgers, relationships between accounts, and journal entries
· Ability to quickly and efficiently problem solve and troubleshoot – if you don’t know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask!
· Good understanding of bank reconciliations and reporting foundations on Income Statements and Balance Sheet
· Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment while managing to tight deadlines
· Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
· Very strong knowledge of QuickBooks Online (QBO) and spreadsheets (e.g,. Excel and Google Spreadsheets)
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, affiliates, and external customers
· Act as a point of contact between internal departments, serving as a liaison between Finance Team and external parties, including clients and vendors, primarily influencers
· Anticipate and evaluate business needs to ensure that financial organization and systems appropriately support the company’s growth
· Craft new accounting policy documents and provide expertise in recommending enhancements to existing policies
· Create and maintain budgeting tools including budget-to-actual/variance reporting, financial planning and analysis, cash flow analysis, and sales commission reporting
· Ensure organization-wide data integrity by establishing, implementing and maintaining new, efficient cross-functional business processes
· Establish the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions
· Partner with the Client Services and Product teams to support internal financial systems process improvements and automation and to advise on accounting implications
· Play an essential role in the month-end close processes including preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations
· Prepare monthly financial statements and management reporting and analysis to support executive decision making
· Provide insight and analytical review to company leadership through the development of budgets, forecasts and variance reports
· Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports
· Take ownership of the annual budget, 5-year financial forecast, cash flow forecast and other ad hoc forecasts
· Flexible PTO and sick day policy, holidays
· Competitive salary and 401k
· Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
· Vibrant company culture within a casual environment
About the location
Our team is based in the Deep Ellum neighborhood of Dallas.
Division of the Company: Finance
People Manager: No
Seniority Level: Entry
Traveling Required: No
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At VizSense, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. VizSense is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.