New Business Developer
VizSense is looking for a New Business Developer to identify and source potential customers who can benefit from our hyper-targeted micro-influencer campaigns, which are designed to help brands reach their intended audience.
In this position, your key focus will be to drive revenue with new clients.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, demonstrates exceptional negotiation and sales skills, and is ready to consistently exceed quotas and contribute to the team’s overall success. Other key traits you’ll possess and need to succeed in this role include being methodical, organized, and able to manage your time well.
– Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of full-time quota-carrying sales experience required; experience in the Advertising, Marketing, Tech, or Influencer space preferred; Sales Methodology training and professional/client references preferred
– Capable of creating and maintaining the full sales funnel
– Has existing relationships with Enterprise account leaders/decision makers, including those that would be ideal client candidates
– Excellent rapport, a demonstrated ability to build relationships, with the drive and knowledge to navigate multi-level relationships, i.e., managing and closing complex sales cycles from business champion to the C-level
– Goal-oriented, proficient in negotiating, with a track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
– Natural problem-solving abilities with a creative and fearless approach to solving and helping clients with their campaign strategies; must be resilient and have an attitude that is forward-leaning and positive
– Proficient in understanding customer needs with the ability to effectively align the conversation and products to their needs
– Desire to customize proposals and present unique opportunities to clients
– Organized and capable of tracking all sales engagements and progresses in our CRM tool
– Understanding of consumer and marketing space, either through direct experience (preferably SaaS) or background at agency, consulting, or market firm
Essential job responsibilities
– Accurately track pipeline and forecast quarterly performance in HubSpot/CRM platform
– Generate new business for VizSense, including identifying and qualifying prospects, communicating the specific value proposition for their business, and establishing long-term, successful partnerships
– Own the entire sales cycle from qualification to demonstration and contracting, while partnering with our Sales and Marketing Team and Client Services Team for a seamless proposal and hand-off process
– Understanding of VizSense’s influencer marketing campaigns and ability to articulate and demonstrate their functions and benefits to external audiences
– Work closely with stakeholders within interested businesses to successfully negotiate and close deals
– Develop proposals with Sales and Marketing Team members for each unique client opportunity, owning the deal from start to close
Key Performance Indicators
– Win business from new clients
– Meet quarterly/annual sales goals
– Tracking and reporting progress weekly, including calls/conversations with potential clients
– Diversification of client portfolio
About the location
Our team is concentrated at the Dallas HQ office in Deep Ellum. You will be based remotely.
What’s in it for you?
This role offers a great opportunity to showcase your sales abilities. Here you will have a platform to share your ideas and influence our company’s marketing strategies. This is not your “typical” job. VizSense offers meaningful, hands-on learning opportunities for employees to work and engage in a variety of product innovation and brand strategy initiatives. Your ideas are encouraged and valued!
People Manager: No
Job Level: Associate
Travel Required: Ability to travel is required (to client meetings, conferences, networking opportunities, etc.)
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At VizSense, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. VizSense is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.