About this Job
VOCAL Technologies is looking for a Junior Signal Processing Engineer to assist with the design and implementation of cutting edge telecommunications technologies.
This position is part-time but a full-time position may be offered depending on applicant availability and experience. Entry level candidates are preferred, but the position is also open to those with
<5 years of experience in industry. PhD students, PhD candidates, and recent PhD graduates are also welcome to apply.
Our Offices are located in the UB Commons. We are expanding in both size and capabilities, resulting in our continuous pursuit of talented and motivated individuals to join our highly skilled team. VOCAL has over 30 years of extensive expertise in telecommunications engineering for the military/DoD, industrial, and commercial markets with comprehensive product design, system integration solutions including:
software and hardware engineering.
A competitive candidate will have:
- A background in Electrical Engineering or Applied Mathematics with at least a 3.25 GPA.
- Familiarity with MATLAB/C/Python programming languages.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing, Array Processing, and Machine Learning.
- Experience in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Gone beyond standard coursework and shown a passion for learning and applying new and cutting edge technologies.
Responsibilities of the Junior Signal Processing Engineer include:
- Designing and implementing signal processing algorithms for problems in acoustic beamforming, acoustic noise reduction, acoustic echo cancellation, dereverberation, voice activity detection, speaker recognition, speaker detection, and source separation.
- Working with Senior Engineers to develop new product lines and signal processing solutions for speech applications.
- Working with customers to provide signal processing solutions that meet and exceed their needs.
VOCAL Technologies is offering a once-in-a-lifetime chance to develop your design, coding, and mathematical skills in an innovative, supportive, and exciting environment. We are looking for candidates who are ready to take their skillset to the next level by diving deep into current problems faced by those in industry on a daily basis. By working with VOCAL Technologies, you will become a much better engineer, and set yourself up for a lifetime of success. Good engineers are in short supply, but not at VOCAL Technologies.