At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Senior Director Compensation
A little bit about our team:
The Compensation and Benefits team delivers comprehensive support to the global WMG business, including driving the strategic planning, design, development, implementation and communication of competitive total rewards programs including the annual global merit and bonus review cycle and global compensation budget. We build and maintain compensation structures to ensure our people are fairly and competitively paid.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Compensation and Benefits, this role sits within the US Compensation and Benefits team in Human Resources based out of the NYC Headquarters.
Why this could be your next big break:
You are a compensation subject matter expert and eager to expand our compensation support to additional global territories and capable of delivering complex compensation projects while enabling the attraction and retention of top talent around the world. The successful incumbent will serve as a business confidant and thought partner on all compensation matters and understands the complexity of an organization that meshes technology and creativity together. The candidate must have strong demonstrated compensation experience and a desire to develop and grow within a dynamic and employee-centric company. This individual must also have an easy familiarity with technology and be nimble, agile and flexible.
Here you’ll get to:
- Consult with Global Head of Compensation on the development of compensation strategies, policies, and processes.
- Devise creative solutions and approaches to compensation that enable us to meet the demands of a competitive marketplace while ensuring fair pay.
- Bring an awareness of “skills of the future” and thoughtfully align our compensation programs with WMG’s People Strategy, enabling continued evolution in key areas such as technology analytics and data visualization.
- Ensure that all our compensation programs support and enable our robust DE&I strategy and objectives. Provide thought leadership in areas such as pay equity, ESG and transparency.
- Develop key cross-functional partnerships across the organization, including working with global finance on headcount planning, budgeting and forecasting; and with legal and compliance to ensure compliance of our programs.
- Manage the annual bonus and merit process for all US labels, Global Businesses and Corporate. Provide guidance, support and direction to managers and other colleagues.
- Act as a strategic business advisor to senior business leaders and a partner to HR leaders, ensuring that our programs align with our business goals and support talent acquisition, retention, career development, mobility and our diversity initiatives.
- Provide consultative thought leadership to the human resources community and business leaders on pay decisions, pay guidelines, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related challenges.
- Provide senior management comprehensive reporting of competitive pay position versus marketplace; advise managers of compensation trends and anecdotal market intelligence.
- Partner with HR and management in the development and evaluation of job descriptions. Reviewing, validating, and maintaining all job descriptions. Assigning FLSA classification, salary grades and job levels on new roles.
- Manage and deepen partnerships with key vendors and external partners that will enrich our thinking and programs with industry insights and ensure that our programs remain competitive.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to evaluate and recommend pay adjustments to maintain internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Compensation experience.
- Extensive experience in broad-based and incentive compensation and handling sensitive, confidential information.
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, fast-paced, frequently changing, and leanly staffed environment.
- A highly metrics-focused orientation that can effectively communicate technically complex information.
- Efficiently manage current programs, challenge the status quo, and champion new initiatives.
- A consummate team player who builds highly effective professional relationships and can effectively work with and communicate across multiples levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic holds self and others accountable for achieving required outcomes.
- High energy, sense of urgency, results-oriented with strong operations skillset.
- An established track record of building credibility and trust across the organization, candid communication, high integrity, sound business ethics and judgement.
- Able to quickly learn a company’s priorities and translate them into actionable solutions.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Experience using Workday
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced experience in Excel, including building analyses and models
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here and think you will too.