As a WMU Rep – Content Creator you’ll get to:
You will be responsible for editing raw footage collected from WMU events and activations taking place across the country into professional and cohesive pieces to be shared through various WMG and Warner Music U channels. In addition, you will create content pieces of your own promoting new releases, tour announcements, merch, playlists, and upcoming events adding your own creative spin and style.
Share Your Expertise
Share your ideas and input in collaboration meetings with the full team to help them collect the best footage/content for final pieces. Create shot lists and concepts for nationwide events and moments to maintain continuity, and share best practices for collecting video/audio for an event (what to ask a hired videographer, what equipment to use, which way to hold a phone camera, etc.)
Work with and coordinate content pieces and activations both when an artist is in your market and virtually. Occasionally work directly with artists to help capture their creative vision when editing a final piece.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the editing and revision process. Connect and collaborate with your fellow reps through weekly meetings and coordinated moments.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide insights on the latest trends and music popular in your market.
- HUGE passion for music, pop culture, and social media
- Open to individuals enrolled in a 2- or 4-year university with at least two semesters remaining before graduation, high school juniors and seniors, as well as non-students.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (ex. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Experience with professional-grade cameras. Audio equipment and software experience a plus!
- Professional attitude with great time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced role
- Great attention to detail
- Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio or social media presence (include links on resume)
- Understanding of social media platforms (especially Instagram and TikTok) and content that performs best on each platform
- A public Instagram and TikTok profile (include both handles on your resume)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Previous freelance or internship experience creating content for a team or brand
- Previous marketing and/or music internship experience