I. Job Summary
Supports Sustainability Services onsite program, including manual labor associated with chemical handling, lab pack duties, drum movements within the facility, drum bulking, drum crushing, assisting when extra personnel are needed and other duties as assigned. This is a support position focused on hazardous and non-hazardous waste related projects
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensure waste types are properly segregated, regulatory shipment windows are met, proper container labeling is adhered to, good housekeeping is maintained and accurate tracking logs are kept.
- Identify best practices that assist customers in reducing waste volumes, increasing operational efficiencies, identifying optimal equipment usage and generating cost savings.
- Segregate, label, mark and package waste materials in a safe and compliant manner.
- Collect, pour, transfer, consolidate, repackage and package solid, liquid and sludge material.
- Perform labor intensive activities such as container or drum collection, drum bulking, sorting trash for recyclables and loading of trucks.
- Transfer waste into containers of different size.
- Provide labor support at 90-Day Hazardous Waste Pad, when applicable.
- May provide support or direction to less experienced Technicians.
- Wears required personal protective equipment.
- Participates and cooperates in safety process, including following written procedures, attending required training and scheduled meetings.
- Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, incidents, injuries or property damage to supervisor.
- Follows Environmental and Quality Management System (ISO 14001/9001) policy, procedures and operational controls related to job responsibilities.
- Maintains compliance with applicable environmental, safety and transportation regulations (EPA, OSHA and DOT).
- Will be required to drive box truck.
- Other duties as assigned.