Are you looking for a career in a fast-paced environment in the most exciting industry in the world where the opportunities for growth and learning are endless?
If your answer is yes, then come be a part of the Watco team!
Not only do we offer industry leading benefits, competitive pay, vacation and 401k, we also have a top of the line training program, Watco University, to educate our team members and help them to grow their career to the next level.
Responsible for rail car inspection and maintenance in accordance with FRA and AAR Regulations. Must re-rail cars and provide estimate damages at derailment sites, make out billing repair cards in compliance with AAR office manual, identify AAR/FRA violations when present on railcars. This is accomplished by performing all or any combination of the following duties: Have ability to use cutting torch in all positions without damage to adjoining parts, and complete 5F welding qualification test for pipe. Must insure that all company guidelines are met, and that all safety rules are followed when performing duties. In addition, must be able to read and understand blueprints, make car repairs in compliance with FRA & AAR rules and keep good repair records. Should be able to perform foreign car repairs, as well as fleet car repairs. Must operate fork lift and work closely with other departments at derailment sites. May be asked to perform other duties as requested or required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to use cutting torch in all positions without damage to adjoining parts, and complete 5F welding qualification test for pipe.
- Ensures that all federal requirements and company guidelines are met, and that all safety rules are followed when performing duties.
- Able to read and understand blue prints.
- Able to perform foreign car repairs as well as fleet car repairs.
- Complies with FRA & AAR rules when making car repairs.
- Keep good record of repairs made.
- Be able to operate mobile crane, wheel truck.
- Work closely with other departments at derailment sites.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or general education (GED) or 3 to 6 months job-related experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and elements, noise, and fumes from gas, oil, and grease.