The mission of the People Operations Coordinator is to design and lead the hiring process for all new and existing programs and deliver an implementation plan for all new Vertical Programs, including the team capacity required to run each program. This individual’s goal is to design work in a way that encourages impactful and sustainable engagement for all teams org-wide.
People Operations Coordinator – Role
The People Operations Coordinator ensures that each program or team has the support and capacity that they need to run a highly effective program for our scholars, including but not limited to:
- Leading the the hiring process for all new and existing positions org-wide, including both full-time and part-time positions. This includes revamping our internal ‘Hiring Plan’ check-list.
- Designing job descriptions for all new positions and launching these roles on a hiring platform and our website.
- Developing a search strategy to recruit top talent org-wide. This should include outreach to our partners, posting on job boards, networking, developing newsletters, and social media buzz. This strategy should serve as a long-term system for our hiring to become efficient and effective.
- Developing and leading onboarding plans with each new team member to ensure that they feel supported and well trained for success in their role.
- Build out Gmail, Google Calendar, and Slack for all new team members prior to onboarding.
- Ensure that each team members are added to our Team Drive and the Team page on our website.
- Order business cards for all new and existing team members.
- Order credit cards for new team members and add these individuals to Expensify.
- Coordinate and lead interviews alongside Watson Institute’s COO, VP, and Executive Directors.
The People Operations Coordinator ensures that Watson Institute is providing team members with competitive benefits and top tier support in order to meet their goals within the organization. This includes:
- Researching and implementing new benefits for the organization. This includes the implementation of a new retirement plan for all team members beginning in July 2022.
- Proactively creating new systems and programs to improve ways of working within the organization.
- Supporting the growth of the organization’s culture and setting clear expectations to adhere to for all team members.
- Ensuring all policies and processes focus on supporting and improving the team member experience across the entire lifecycle.
- Tracking and updating Annual Happiness Fund amounts for each team member.
- Tracking and celebrating team member work anniversaries.
- Updating and distributing our Annual Employee Handbook.
- Updating Slack Account annually to comprise of all current team members.
- Researching and implementing team wellness and mental health support org-wide.
- Support Watson Institute’s COO in ensuring that all employee contracts are up to date and signed annually.
- Support Watson Institute’s COO in ensuring that all employee Performance Reviews are implemented annually org-wide.
- Planning and executing celebratory events for all team members.
- Supporting and improving our recognition culture that helps team members feel appreciated for their efforts.
The People Operations Coordinator is responsible for designing and building an implementation plan for each new Vertical Program or location to ensure that the staffing is sustainable and effective. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Building a hiring and implementation plan for each new Vertical Program or location once a proposal has been submitted to a partner or foundation.
- Coordinate hiring timelines across functions based on proposal timing.
- Constantly track each new partnership to ensure that the day-to-day operations and implementation for new team members is running smoothly.
- Attend select #RevDev and Leadership Team Meetings to be involved in Watson Institute’s high level goals to discuss how achievable they are from a team capacity standpoint and flag any concerns.
- Ensure that each new program and location has a clear set of OKR’s (or other goal setting system) prior to launch.