WD-40 Company is a global consumer products company. We live under the sink, in the garage, and toolboxes of the world. We foster a strong culture of learning and accountability in a relaxed, professional environment. While the 67+ year-old formulation of WD-40 remains a secret, it is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and products is what separates WD-40 Company from the rest.
We are currently seeking an experienced, full-time, bilingual Customer Relations Specialist to support our Miami Regional Sales office. Applicants must be self-motivated, reliable, detail orientated, have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask. Must possess strong initiative and is able to think independently and work well in a team environment promoting unity, communication, and collaboration.
- Interact daily with the Business Development Managers, internal and external customers, warehouse personnel and freight forwarders to ensure communication and information is transferred in an accurate and timely manner, as well as, resolve issues or problems.
- Perform data entry for order processing of assigned accounts within company policies, programs and guidelines.
- Manage order process: account opening, credit applications, credit management, quotes, order processing, address issues arising from shipment claims.
- Maintain customer account/order files with appropriate digital documents for accurate record keeping compliance and audit purposes.
- Prepare appropriate export documentation for assigned accounts as required by country to facilitate movement of cargo from the US to Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Produce a variety of weekly and month-end reports related to sales, marketing and inventory management.
- Create and maintain SOP’s to manage processes and special requests that do not follow established company policies for pricing, shipping or special programs/incentives offered.
- Serve as the Liaison with Customer and Ocean Carriers in negotiations and protect the company and customers shipping interests.
- Research, manage and resolve shipment claims for shortages and damages.
- Provides adjunct sales support through the promotion and up-sale of new and existing products to small volume in-house accounts.
- 2+ years proven experience in Customer Service, ideally in a consumer package goods industry
- Experience dealing with the U.S. ocean transportation industry and multiple country export regulations, preparing export documentation, coordinating inland trucking for Less/Full Container Loads
- Knowledge of dangerous goods and hazardous cargo, compliance issues, rules and regulations is desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to intermittently lift boxes weighing approximately 25 pounds
- Experience working with a CRM desired
- High School graduate or equivalent GED
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple – we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!