The Business Associate (BA) Program is an exciting pathway into our firm for graduating, undergraduate Bachelor’s students who are interested in the variety of career opportunities available in the investment management industry. This three-year, Boston based program will help you gain insight into our industry, firm and culture, as well as, knowledge of the many different business divisions that support our investment functions.
During the first 1.5 years in the program, you will be developing your business and technical skillset all while assimilating into the firm, your first job and our culture. The second 1.5 years, you will be discovering your long-term fit here at the firm and will be placed into positions across the firm that are complementary to your skills, interests, and business needs. BAs have successfully transitioned into roles on their current BA teams, onto other teams in the firm and into other offices (here in the US and across the globe.)
Investment Boutiques – Global Impact Bond
As part of the Global Impact Bond team, the BA will be responsible for performing impact measurement on portfolio holdings that are encapsulated in key performance indicators (KPIs) and documenting the team’s impact assessment and measurement methodologies in a best practices document. The BA will collaborate with the Sustainable Investment and the Global Impact Equity teams to ensure impact platform alignment, in addition to screening new issues that come to market and assessing for universe inclusion based on impact criteria.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze security holdings on existing portfolio upon portfolio managers’ requests using CDP disclosures, supply- Streamline the process for impact issuer research and enhance the process for tracking the Impact Universe, perhaps by working with IT to design a database.
- Deepen the impact measurement work started by the team’s previous RA, this includes:
- Developing key performance indicators (KPIs) for issuers added to the portfolio.
- Improving KPIs on existing issuers as needed.
- Collaborating with Global Impact Equity colleagues on best practices for impact measurement.
- Develop portfolio-level KPIs with the goal to express these metrics based on:
- Total activity of companies in the portfolio; and
- Per dollar invested in the portfolio
- Look into competitor ESG / Impact Funds to see how they are approaching impact reporting and what types of issuers they hold in their portfolios.
- Contribute to the expansion of the Impact Universe by identifying potential impact issuers, evaluating them on their impact metrics, and making recommendations to the Impact Bond Team.
- Undergraduates from all majors graduating with a Bachelor’s degree between Fall 2020 – Summer 2021
- Demonstrated interest for investment management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated accomplishments in academics
- Proven leadership experience and participation in community service and extracurricular activities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Sharp quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize information
- Highly motivated self-starter, who knows how to take initiative, and has a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
Application information can be found via the job application page (Wellington.com > Careers > Campus Programs > View Jobs): https://www.wellington.com/en/campus-programs/ For any questions, please email email@example.com.
Qualified candidates must submit the following materials bundled in PDF format:
- Résumé, 1 page length
- Statement of interest, 1 page length, indicating: (a) why you are interested in Wellington and (b) why you are interested in this role
- Unofficial transcript (condensed to a few pages, please don’t send >5 pages)
Application is on a rolling basis until we fill the role.
Qualified candidates will be notified of their application status on an ongoing basis. If selected to continue, first round phone screens may be scheduled with a Campus Recruiter.
The start date for the program is ASAP.