Relocation would be provided for this role.
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate – which all help contribute to a Healthier World. At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients’ lives each and every day – our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $1.84B in 2019. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA—our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West Without Borders team member-led giving program.
Support the process engineering group by evaluating and implementing new equipment through validations and involvement in process improvement projects. Support a 24/7 operations environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the installation and validation of new equipment/process development through SAT/IQ/OQ/PQ
- Write technical reports, protocols, change controls, issue reviews as required to defend or support decisions concerning material acceptability.
- Provide process support to the production facilities as required. Requires working knowledge of all injection molding processing equipment (i.e.: materials, molding, tooling, etc…)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work flexible hours and support business needs if required.
- Develops, recommends and implements corrective action to improve efficiencies.
- Work within timelines to ensure timely completion of assigned projects.
- Ensure quality of all materials used in the process by developing and implementing effective reliable testing techniques.
- Ensure continued reliability of testing techniques by maintaining current knowledge of all technical and analytical information.
- Establish and implement reliable procedures to ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices.
- Provide project leadership for materials / process related projects by coordinating the efforts of the various departmental disciplines for the successful completion according to plan and budget.
- Support the efforts of production in materials related areas as a technical advisor.
- Reviews data using Minitab, for investigation of problems.
- Take appropriate action to ensure compliance with all safety, health and hazardous communication standards.
- Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degrees with 5-8 Years preferably in manufacturing, industrial, materials or plastics or Industrial experience.
- Preferably worked in either the Medical, Packaging or technological industries.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of experiments (DOE) and demonstrate use of same.
- Complete working knowledge of all the molding processes in the plant and the associated tooling for each; including tooling design and manufacture. Demonstrative knowledge of variability, numerical reasoning and computer applications.
- Must have knowledge in computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spreadsheets
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks; must be detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must be able to deal with all levels of employees and work across various departments.
- Experience in writing and executing validation protocols and reports,
- Ability to function as a team member
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Able to lift 45 lbs
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates positive demeanor, professionalism, and the ability to work within a team environment