Help to fulfill the summer of a lifetime! Being a WCC staff gives you a once in a lifetime chance to challenge yourself in all kinds of ways. You meet incredible people all the while getting to show teens the best summer of their lives and visit bucket list destinations!
What is Westcoast Connection?
We are an international student travel company dedicated to fostering incredible summer experiences to middle- school and high school age students. We offer all kinds of programs from active tours, adventure, pre-college enrichment, language immersion, and community service in many countries all around the world. Check us out at www.westcoastconnection.com
Program Leader Position
The Westcoast Connection summer leadership team is made up of unique individuals who place safety first and are skilled in creating a fun, dynamic and inclusive environment!
Our Program Leaders serve as the backbone of our programs. Their primary responsibility includes monitoring the safety (physical and social), well-being and enjoyment of all participants. Working with the Program Director, the Program Leader’s goal is to provide a positive group experience helping each teen experience the summer of a lifetime! We take pride in our staff, and expect you to operate as team players, approach the job with enthusiasm, respect others and strive to contribute to what makes Westcoast Connection a special summer for teens.
What kind of qualifications do we look for?
· Minimum age of 21 (for non-driving trips)
· Availability to attend our required training weekend (June 4 – 6)
· Experience working with teenagers
· Exceptional leadership skills
· Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
· Strong communication and teamwork abilities
· Ability to create, coordinate and implement various programs and activities
· Mature, responsible, positive, polite and true role model
· Self-starter, high energy, above and beyond work ethic
· Certified in First Aid/CPR
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess the following additional skills:
· Summer camp experience
· Experience in an educational setting
· International Travel experience
· Post-Secondary education (or in process of completing)
· Fluency in Spanish
Duration of Employment: 2-6 weeks (depending on contract), June – August
Trip expenses are paid for.
Due to the current pandemic, we have developed COVID-19 protocols in consultation with the CDC and the local health authorities.
For more information, check out our website at: https://www.westcoastconnection.com/know-before-you-go/covid-19-protocols/
Westcoast Connection is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for our participants, leaders, and staff, regardless of their race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.