Westridge school is looking for a rocketry teacher to coach both upper and middle school rocketry electives. The rocketry teacher will guide upper school students in The American Rocketry Challenge (TARC), a national competition. With a passion for engineering and physics, the ideal candidate has the ability to educate as well as mentor as students explore and develop their rocketry building skills. Largely student driven, the rocketry teacher provides students with more in-depth understanding and context. This position reports to the director of upper school.
· Facilitating rocketry classes by guiding students through the process of designing and building model rockets, and presenting information relevant to rocket building, aerospace, engineering and physics
· Manufacturing student-designed 3D parts on the school’s 3D printers and laser cutter
· For US elective: chaperoning students to weekend launch days and occasional weekend workdays (roughly 10 weekend days throughout the school year + one Middle School launch)
· Accompanying qualifying teams to a national rocketry competition in Virginia in May
· Willingness to take on other duties as needed
- B.A. required
- Teaching experience, preferred
· Good organizational and research skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Cooperative/collaborative attitude
- A strong commitment to the mission and vision of Westridge School
Schedule and Salary
This is a part-time exempt position and is eligible for Westridge’s comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, vision, dental, and generous retirement plan. Office hours are 7:30am-3:30pm- days are variable with some weekends required. Salary range depends on qualifications and experience.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to Jobs@Westridge.org. Include “Rocketry Teacher” in the subject line.
Westridge School is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are evaluated without consideration of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For more information: www.Westridge.org.