Enthusiastic about crafting an extraordinary dining experience? Available for all levels of cooks, the Oasis at Death Valley has a range of opportunities as expansive as the national park. We operate an upscale steakhouse, casual dining options, Inn Dining Room, 19th Hole golf course bar and grill, new Ice Cream Parlor, and employee dining room.
Whether you are an entry-level cook or an experienced culinary professional, you will play an essential role in creating memorable experiences for our guests. Our leaders are passionate about developing talent. If you are looking to grow your skills and career, we want you!
Position Types: Seasonal and Year-round
Start Date: Immediate is preferred but flexible
Wages: Pay ranges from $14.00 to $16.50 depending on experience
Total Employees: 250+
Current Season: Fall brings beautiful weather making this the ideal time to explore
The Perks and Benefits:
- FREE employee housing through December 2021 with discounted housing available after December
- FREE breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- Free wifi and cable
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to full-time year-round employees
- Onsite Training and Employee Learning and Development Programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
Why The Oasis?
The resort recently completed a multi-million-dollar revitalization that includes a full renovation of the Inn and new buildings at the Ranch. As an employee, you are invited to experience all the Oasis has to offer – from the incredible views of the Panamint Mountains to quick road trips to visit nearby Las Vegas or Yosemite National Park.
Join our team and find a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
Cooks should anticipate working across all stations and using all kitchen equipment. Depending on the venue, you can anticipate working multiple stations that include batch production, high volume ala carte, prep, pantry, and banquets.
- Responsible for the quality, food safety/sanitation, and timeliness of meals prepared.
- Ensure consistency in techniques to be used for proper food preparation, portioning and plating as outlined in recipes, product rotation and mise en place.
- Prepares a variety of food items using knives, electric mixers, ovens, fryers, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers.
Qualifications vary by position. We prefer at least one year of previous cooking experience in a high-volume ala carte or batch production setting or relevant schooling.
- Current openings include Ranch Chef, Cook I, Cook II, Cook III, Cook IV, 19th Hole golf course bar and grill attendant
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.