We are looking for a Sous Chef to assist in the in the management of kitchen operations, which includes food production for all dining outlets. This position is responsible for managing a staff of 6-12 employees per shift in food production and and cleaning and reports directly to the Chef. Our mission is to provide legendary service to our guests visiting from all over the world, and your work is instrumental to our success!
Our Food & Beverage leaders are passionate about developing talent. If you are looking for a place to grow your skills and career, The Oasis at Death Valley is for you!
- Manage various shifts in the Kitchen.
- Coordinate and ensure adequate and timely food production and quality for all outlets.
- Control food and labor costs within in proper guidelines.
- Provide leadership as well as train and develop all Ranch back of the house staff.
- Must be able to work within a flexible work schedule, as schedule may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness within the kitchen and ensure safe food handling practices.
- Involved with scheduling, F&B inventories, Foodtrak.
- Regularly attend weekly F&B meetings.
- Management functions include but are not limited to employee relations; conflict resolution; skills training; staff meetings; and work safety/food safety training.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are aware of the Ecometrix Policy, Xanterra’s company-wide Environmental Management System (EMS) and their roles and responsibilities in achieving conformance to the policy.
- Responsible for additional management and/or related duties assigned by the company.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Preferred two years supervisory/management experience in a restaurant and/or hospitality kitchen, in multi-unit F&B operations.
- Ability and/or experience with controlling labor and food costs.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, inventories, volume food preparations & sanitation
- General computer knowledge and ability to learn Foodtrak.
- Leadership skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task and be accountable for duties & projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.