During COVID-19 Pandemic this position may require the ability to temporarily work remote within the company service territory until company protocol dictates return to the office criteria has been met.
Telecommuting Policy: A plan has been created to officially rollout a hybrid work-from-home option that will take effect when it is safe to move forward to return to the workplace. This position will participate in this new policy.
We are hiring a Financial Data Governance & Reporting Intern at our downtown Minneapolis headquarters. This internship will have the opportunity to work full-time during the summer with the possibility to continue work part time during the school year. The ideal student will be a Junior or Senior undergraduate student (as of Spring 2021) who is pursuing a degree in Finance, Accounting, or Data Science.
In this role, you will assist in the production and distribution of standard internal management reports, the execution and sustainment of master data policies, rules and standards for the Finance organization. Assist in the creation of standard internal financial reports being delivered and enhance efficiency of processes.
- Help with the creation of master data in compliance with data policies, rules and standards to allow for accurate and impactful internal financial reporting. Assist in the evaluation of compliance with data standard for data/reporting requests.
- Prepare reports and assist in processes to monitor and enforce accurate set-up and use of financial master data. Assist in the production and distribution of timely and accurate reports to meet internal reporting requirements.
- Works to continuously improve reporting solutions.
- Assist in performance of analytics to deliver insights to help optimize and manage financial results on overall consolidated portfolio. Prepare reporting to ensure capital is monitored for compliance with corporate capital approval policy.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited undergraduate program, pursuing an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Data Science, Computer Information Systems.
- Must be at Junior or Senior status (as of Spring 2021)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive and self-motivated
- Ability to commute to Xcel Energy’s downtown Minneapolis office
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during summer 2021
- Ability to work 8+ hours during the academic year at our downtown Minneapolis headquarters
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN – Minneapolis || MN – Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75465:Reporting & Fin’l Data Gov || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $19.20 – $20.40 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 32803