Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies and other proteins with improved function – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life, and we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Facilities Support Assistant (Part Time).
Our protein engineering capabilities and the modular nature of our technology allow us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are developing a broad portfolio enabled by the rapid expansion of our bispecific technologies, and nine XmAb bispecific antibodies and cytokines are in clinical testing. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by engaging in multiple collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Novartis, Amgen and Genentech, among others. Including our partners, over a dozen XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development, and the first antibody that incorporates an XmAb technology has been approved for commercial marketing worldwide.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success, and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees’ value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a talented Part Time Facilities Support Assistant to join our team!
Responsible for providing support to the maintenance and administrative operations of the San Diego facility.
- Monitors and maintains supplies for the San Diego office
- Supports the coordination of building and maintenance issues for general repair and updates
- Coordinates furniture moves and purchases with Facilities, including requests for chairs, desks, tables, cabinets, and storage
- Sets up desks and offices for new employees; issues office keys (using key log) where applicable
- Orders and maintains office and kitchen supplies
- Maintains Purchase Orders in the Point Purchasing system
- Orders and coordinates pick-up of records for off-site retention
- Maintains the mail room, stock room and shipping & receiving areas
- Interfaces with the property landlord and Facilities and IT staffs; provides assistance as needed
- Ships, receives and distributes delivered mail and packages
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
Position also requires:
- Strong client focus, dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and comprehension skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and balance time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results
- Ability to operate with the highest level of integrity and maintain confidentiality
Physical, Mental and Environment Demands:
The physical, mental and working environment demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of this role include:
- Ability to stand for extended amounts of time (up to 5 hours per shift)
- Ability to lift, carry (up to 50 pounds), walk, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, crawl, push, pull and/or perform other physical activities on a regular basis.
- Ability to sit and use office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain.
Specific mental demands for the position are listed above under requirements. In addition, mental demands for this position include:
- Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, including the ability to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
- Ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and/or interruptions.
- Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including vendors, customers and clients.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions.
Occasional travel may be required, including travel between Xencor’s Monrovia and San Diego offices. Work for this position is generally performed at Xencor’s worksite.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact HR@xencor.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement. Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.