Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies and other proteins with improved function – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life, and we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology.
Our protein engineering capabilities and the modular nature of our technology allow us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are developing a broad portfolio enabled by the rapid expansion of our bispecific technologies, and nine XmAb bispecific antibodies and cytokines are in clinical testing. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by engaging in multiple collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Novartis, Amgen and Genentech, among others. Including our partners, over a dozen XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development, and the first antibody that incorporates an XmAb technology has been approved for commercial marketing worldwide.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a highly motivated, detailed-oriented and energetic Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist to join our Molecular Biology group. Title will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and calibration. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute directly to the exciting drug discovery process by implementing the use of standard and innovative molecular cloning technologies for high-throughput construction of recombinant proteins and vector variants.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- oligo design, gene construction, mutagenesis, PCR and vector construction, DNA sequencing, analysis and documentation, medium to high-throughput DNA purification.
- Working knowledge of DNA sequencing analysis programs, related bioinformatics and data-mining tools is required.
- The successful candidate will be part of a cross-functional group and will be expected to participate in conducting experiments, maintaining detailed records, and communicating results.
- The ideal candidate is self-driven, organized, able to work independently and collaboratively in a goal-oriented multi-project and fast-paced environment and passionate about learning/implementing new technologies that enhance the discovery process.
- This is an exciting opportunity to impact the next wave of drug development candidates to enter our pipeline. Candidates should have a demonstrated record of technical proficiency, and an ability to work effectively and collaboratively. Prior industry experience is a plus.
- BS/MS in Molecular Biology or a related field with 5 or more years of research laboratory experience; industry experience preferred.
- Technical expertise in routine molecular cloning techniques and data analysis/interpretation is a must
- Hands-on experience with gene construction, variant library generation and troubleshooting required
- Strong data-management and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with small to large scale DNA purification desirable
- Prior experience with high throughput and automation would be beneficial.
- Excellent organizational, documentation, and communication skills; adaptive learning, critical thinking, and the ability to work well in a team
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are normally association with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Periodic light lifting of supplies and materials may apply. Work is performed in an office environment.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact HR@xencor.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement. Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.