Logistics done differently.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a growing global company? Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America’s best employers by Forbes. As the Senior Manager, Industrial Engineering, you will travel throughout the US supporting startups developing facility layout and design, labor standards, preparing staffing and efficiency analyses, identifying cost savings opportunities and assisting other programs to support operational implementations. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we’ll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Hire, train and develop industrial engineering staff; provide technical support and direction to site industrial engineers
- Develop labor standards, process flow diagrams and job descriptions for both new and existing operations; estimate facility staffing requirements; identify, evaluate and implement productivity improvements
- Document processes, systems and job descriptions to facilitate operational startups, providing on-site support as required; analyze ongoing costs, providing comparisons to prior cost and price estimates
- Select the correct model for receipt, put away, picking and packing solutions; identify storage and picking strategy based on product dims and activity levels; convert contract documents and SOW into work instructions and operating procedures
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product envelope, product flow, transportation methods, building layout and power requirements; specify material handling and storage equipment solutions, and use of automation where justified
- Collaborate with IT resources to develop equipment requirements based on activity levels; conduct time study analysis to establish production standards for department processes
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of operations and distribution-related experience
- Experience in Lean Methodology and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Six Sigma practices and principles
It’d be great if you also have:
- Advanced degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- SQL experience
- Availability to travel up to 75% of the time