Who Are We Looking For?
Are you an aspiring therapist, counselor, or social worker? Do you have a passion for life-coaching, mentoring, and person-centered development?
- Whether it’s a career path you’re pursuing, or a genuine passion for helping others, YAI is the place for you!
What is Community Habilitation?
Community Habilitation (Comm-Hab) is a program designed to provide one-to-one training to people with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) to develop or enhance the skills needed to live more independently in their homes or in the community.
What Will I Be Doing?
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) at YAI maintain an integral role in supporting people with I/DD. For Comm-Hab settings, these supports build upon various life skills, while providing recreational opportunities to promote community integration and self-direction. DSPs utilize support skills for people with moderate to complex levels of needs, participates in developing treatment plans, and understands specialized clinical knowledge for person specific needs.
When Can I Work?
- Pick a schedule that works for you and apply for a Position today!
- Work anywhere between 8 hours/week to 32 hours/week (Part Time)
- Great opportunity for students to earn extra income and break into the field of social work, behavioral health, and human services.
Where Can I Work?
YAI offers Comm-Hab services in all of the following regions throughout Hudson Valley:
- Westchester County
- Rockland County
- Some Telehealth opportunities available