Our Commitment to Equity
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has implemented safety standards and protocols related to preventative health measures based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
Every day hundreds of children utilize our Kid Zone drop in child care centers within our membership facilities, engaging in activities and building new relationships with our staff and other participants. You will be part of an amazing staff team who provide enrichment and safe supervision, teach teamwork and social skills, and support children as they grow and learn. You will develop and implement program activities while also building positive relationships by providing prompt and courteous service to members, participants and guests. Kid Zone Leads also provide guidance and leadership to Kid Zone Counselors as needed.
- Supervises a group of children to ensure their health, safety and to provide a positive experience for each child.
- Develops and implements program activities.
- Provides guidance, leadership and direction to Kids Zone Counselors as needed.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
- Professionally engages with parents/guardians to provide pertinent information about their child’s experience and to promote upcoming programs.
- Ensures that toys and equipment are clean and safe, set up and stored properly. Reports equipment problems to supervisor.
- Attends staff meetings and training programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are 18 years of age or older and have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Other applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
- 1 year or more previous experience working with children; camps, child care, tutoring, nanny, coaching.
- Ability to model and demonstrate Y values; caring, respect, responsibility and honesty.
- Experience planning and implementing group activities preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical activity, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
You’ll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
“YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on the results of a background check and (on applicable jobs) drug screening, including screening for marijuana. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system.
If you need assistance of any kind with the application process, reach out to email@example.com or the HR department at 206.382.5082.”
caregiver child-care, worker day-care provider, governe
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
- Passion for Excellence