Position Overview: This is a transformative position, weaving together technical skills and relational ministry. In this position, you play a lead role in giving teenagers the opportunity to experience God’s creation through adventures, and connecting those experiences to real-life situations they are facing. Learn to guide teenagers on a variety of wilderness activities, work alongside our seasoned staff to design ministry programs, assist in group facilitation, and help with the logistical details behind each trip. This is a phenomenal opportunity to gain experience in relational outdoor guiding, personal growth, leadership, and spend valuable time participating in missional work!
- Support and disciple students in their journey to Christ
- Prepare, facilitate and guide group discussions and activities
- Pursue competency and certification in technical skill areas
- Wilderness First Aid, whitewater rafting/kayaking, rock climbing, etc.
- Execute operations projects and logistical tasks
- Raise financial support prior to the summer to fund your ministry position (coaching and materials provided)
- At least 18 years old
- A passion for sharing about Jesus Christ with teens
- Be willing to learn and adapt
- Have a high level of relational skills (or desire to develop them)
- A love for the outdoors
- A full summer commitment
- Dates vary by adventure base, flexible with college schedules
- A willingness to personally raise support for expenses and salary prior to the start of the summer