Job Title: Part Time – Human Resources Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VP of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: Primary responsibilities is to manage the Human Resources files. Additional responsibilities will include support of HRIS administration, maintaining records of training/competencies, licenses, and certifications. This position will provide administrative support to the HR team.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and managing the New Hire Files and employee documents
- File room maintenance and compliance auditing
- HRIS data entry, record maintenance
- Tracking annual paperwork in compliance with regulator requirements
- Support HR team with employee New Hire Orientation, and employee events.
- Assists in Ad Hoc HR projects
- Management reserves the right to add other responsibilities, as he/she/they deem necessary as long as they are relevant to the department and/or the organization.
- Support HR related request for records/documentation
- Support seasonal recruitment efforts.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and timely (must have the ability to meet deadlines regularly)
- Must communicate effectively and positively with employees and all levels of management
- Ability to work with confidential information and to remain objective at all times
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS knowledge preferred
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Actively enrolled in college: field of study Business Administration/HR – preferred
Education and/or Experience Requirement
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field (actively pursuing)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Routine physical activities that is required to fulfill responsibilities. Ability to stand and bend for short periods of time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
To apply for this position, please go to our website: zooatlanta.org/Careers