The Value of Sharing Your Greek Experience
It’s no secret that joining Greek Life can be a fundamental way to meet new people, attend social events, remain active on campus, and create lifelong connections. After rushing my sorority, I knew I wanted to get leadership experience and be involved within my organization to support my future aspirations.
I recommend thinking intentionally about your long-term goals within your organization and outside of it.
- Is there a position within your organization relevant to your field of interest?
- How can you market this experience for gainful employment?
- How can you translate your unique experience into professional skills?
- What alumni connections can you make?
Here Are Ways to Share Your Greek Experience in a Competitive Job Market
Greek Experience on Your Résumé
- Demonstrates leadership and other transferable skills
- Highlights your civic engagement
- Provides networking perks
- An excellent conversation starter
- Highlights your time management abilities
Tips for Explaining Your Greek Experience
- Brainstorm Skills & Experience
- Describing Your Experience
- Adding Greek Life to Your Resume
3 Tips for Answering Interview Questions
- Give yourself something to talk about
- Document it
- Practice telling your stories
Luckily, the University of Redlands has a plethora of alumni that are more than willing to offer insight into how they marketed their experience in the occupational world. Homecoming is a great opportunity to get started with professional networking with previous alumni. Make sure to check out the Alumni Community Relations page for more alumni events.