What is Entrepreneurialism, Freelance, and the Gig Economy?
For those who prefer to be their own boss, choose their own hours, and report to nobody but themselves and the customers they serve, you’re in the right place. Whether you’re looking to begin your own business or pick and choose different gigs, you’ll find relevant resources to get you there.
Sample Résumé Language
|Manage Staff||Manage staff team including setting schedules, creating and maintaining priority goals, and tracking performance|
Deliver offer letters, update employee records and benefits, and create onboarding processes to ensure satisfaction
Generate a clientele and build relationships to meet quarterly sales goals
|Handle Logistics||Create or implement a system to track all sales, shipments, and internal or external partner contracts|
Top Job Boards
- Flexjobs.com | Find remote and flexible jobs, including freelance work.
- Upwork.com | Let your gig and freelance career take off by posting your own jobs or bidding on gigs.
- Freelancer.com | Search freelance projects and submit bids in areas such as website development, package design, and more.
- CareerShift | An exclusive job search platform for students.
- Editorial Freelancers Association | Network with other freelancers.
- Small Business Administration | Government website with resources to begin your own small business.
- Small Business Development Centers | Gain expert advice on developing your own business.
- International Franchise Association | Explore what it takes to own a franchise.
- What Can I Do With This Major? | A career exploration website